Applications are invited for the University of Salford Scholarships to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate programme. International students can apply for these scholarships.
The University of Salford is a public research university in Salford, England, 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometres) west of Manchester city centre. The Royal Technical Institute, Salford, which opened in 1896, became a College of Advanced Technology in 1956 and gained university status, following the Robbins Report into higher education, in 1967.
The University requires that applicants with a non-native level of English have some proof that they meet the required standard for their course.
Course Level: The University of Salford Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: The University of Salford Scholarships are awarded for studying for studying all the subjects offered by the university. A limited number of courses are excluded: BA Hons: Art and Design with Foundation Year, Fdtn: Business Management, FdA: Hospitality Management, FdA: Sport and Leisure Management, FdA: Tourism and Management, FdA: Hospitality and Tourism Management, FdA: Leisure and Tourism Management, BSc Hons: Biology with a Foundation Year, BA Hons: Environmental Studies with a Foundation Year, HND: Media Performance, HND: Media Production, BA Hons: Music (if at level 0 only), HND: Construction and Property, BSc Hons: Physics with a Foundation Year, BENG Hons: Civil Engineering with Foundation Year, MSc: Robotics and Embedded Systems and BSc/BEng Hons: Aeronautical Engineering with Foundation Year
Worth of Award
- Vice Chancellor’s Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship: This international scholarship is worth up to £5,000
- Vice Chancellor’s Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship: This international scholarship is worth £4,000 if you take The Salford MBA, MSc Petroleum and Gas Engineering or MSc Gas Engineering and Management. This scholarship is worth £2,000 for tuition fees up to £11,499 or £3,000 for tuition fees of £11,500 or above when you take any other Masters programme.
Vice Chancellor’s Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is assessed according to academic credibility. If students achieve 320 UCAS points or an IB score of 34 they will be guaranteed a £5,000 scholarship.
- ‘A level’ grades – a minimum of ABB (320 UCAS points) or equivalent
- Scottish Qualifications Authority Higher National Diploma (any subject) – Pass with AAA in graded units, with a minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- University of Salford International Foundation Year – 70% or higher overall
- NCUK International Foundation year (any subject) with an equivalent of 320 UCAS points and a minimum of EAP C
- Edexcel Higher National Diploma (any subject) – Pass with a minimum of eight Distinctions and IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- International Baccalaureate – a minimum of three subjects at higher level with a minimum grade of 34
Vice Chancellor’s Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship:
- NCUK International Diploma (any subject, for a syllabus taught at Sino-British College only) – Pass with Distinction, with minimum EAP B.
- Chevening Partnership 5 Full tuition fee and stipend scholarships available across all programmes and unlimited 20% tuition fee reductions
- International students can apply for the University of Salford Scholarships. These scholarships are not available to students from the UK and EU.
How to Apply
When University receives an application to study at Salford, they will assess eligibility for a scholarship based on their academic records. If a student qualifies for a scholarship, University will let them know in the offer letter.
Deadline: Undergraduate applications should be made via UCAS. UCAS application deadline is 15 January 2017. Most postgraduate degrees do not have specific application deadlines. Applications are considered throughout the year.