Open University offers a massive open online course (MOOC) on Digital Economy: Effective Supply Chain Management. The course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about the effect the digital era is having on supply chains, customers and other stakeholders.
This course is part of the Digital Economy program, which will enable applicant to thrive in the digital economy and earn 15 credits towards an MBA. The course will start on November 21, 2016. This is a four weeks course with a 3 hours/week effort
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. The Open University is rated one of the best in the UK for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey. All Open University Science courses presented on FutureLearn are produced with the kind support of Dangoor Education.
- The goods and services that customers depend on each day don’t just appear out of the blue. They reach end users through increasingly intricate channels, involving people and processes all over the world and supported by continually advancing technology.
- This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
Worth of Award
This free online course will equip you with a critical appreciation of the way supply chains work, and how you can make them work better for you and your customers. Whether you are an entrepreneur, work in the public sector or in a small to medium enterprise (SME), you’ll find out how the supply chain is changing as the digital era evolves.
This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about the effect the digital era is having on supply chains, customers and other stakeholders. No previous experience of studying supply chain management is required, but some basic knowledge of how businesses work would be beneficial.
Hilary Collins: Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking
How to Apply
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).