The University of Queensland (UQ) offers Ph.D. studentship in Computational Modelling of Single Molecule Dynamics for both domestic and international candidates at Queensland Brain Institute.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. They strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge.
International applicants must meet the University of Queensland’s English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
- Selected prospective students will receive assistance to apply for either the APA or, for international students, an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS).
- The current APA scholarship rate is AUD$26,288 per annum (2016 rate, indexed annually) tax-free for three years with a possible six-month extension in approved circumstances.
- A top-up scholarship ($5,000 per annum) may be available to the successful candidate.
- Expressions of Interest are invited from outstanding and enthusiastic science graduates ideally with a background in mathematics, physics or engineering. Candidates will have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent and should be eligible for an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or equivalent. Some expertise in computer programing is required. Previous experience in modeling biological systems would be helpful
- Applicants must fulfill the PhD admission criteria for the University of Queensland, including English language requirements, and demonstrate excellent capacity and potential for research. Demonstration of research ability through publication output in peer-reviewed international journals is desirable.
How to Apply
Please email Professor Goodhill directly and supply the following documentation: Cover letter, Complete Tertiary Academic Records (with grades/GPA scores, and official grading scale details), and detailed Academic Resume/CV.
Deadline: The application deadline for International candidates is January 31, 2017 – for consideration in relation to the next available UQ international scholarship round with commencement in Research Quarter 3 (July) 2017.