Africa Regional International Staff/Student Exchange (ARISE) offers African nationals scholarships available for the students who are registered for a full degree masters or doctoral program at a home African university to spend time (minimum 10 months) at one of the ARISE partner institutions .
Africa Regional International Staff/Student Exchange (ARISE) is a project of the Intra-ACP academic mobility scheme promotes cooperation between higher education institutions (HEIs) and supports mobility in Africa, the Caribbean, and the Pacific (ACP) regions.
The program aims to increase access to quality education that will encourage and enable ACP students to undertake postgraduate studies, and to promote student retention in the region along with mobility of staff (academic and administrative) while increasing the competitiveness and attractiveness of the institutions themselves.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for masters or doctoral students to spend time (minimum 10 months) at one of the ARISE partner institution (Addis Ababa University, University of Rwanda, University of Cape Town, University of Ghana, Makerere University and University of Nairobi)
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the fields of Agriculture, Medical Sciences, Engineering, and Energy.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship Covers
- Roundtrip economy class airfare and Visa Costs.
- Tuition and Service Fees where applicable.
- Medical Aid.
- Monthly Subsistence: €600 Masters, €900 Doctorates, €1000 staff members
Scholarship can be taken in Africa (Ethiopia, Rwanda, South Africa, Ghana, Uganda and Kenya)
- Full degree scholarships for Masters students: Students who meet the criteria will be able to apply for full degree scholarship for completion of a Masters degree at one of the Higher Education Institutions in the consortium.
- Sandwich Ph.D. mobilities: Students who are already enrolled for a Ph.D. at their home institution will be able to apply for an 11 month period of supervised research at a host university that is one of the Higher Education Institutions in the consortium.
- Academic and administrative staff mobilities: Staff employed by the Higher Education Institutions of the consortium will be able to apply for short term mobility opportunities which could include benchmarking exercises, sabbatical research periods, guest lecturing, curriculum development, knowledge and resource sharing trips etc. on the basis that both institutions support the trip.
- Exchange opportunities (Masters and PhD): Students registered as full-degree students at one of the partner universities comprising the consortium, spend a short period (10 months and less) at one of the other institutions in the consortium and return to their home institution after the exchange period to complete their degree at the home institution. Exchange students will spend their period at the host university as researchers mainly, being engaged in literature reviews, specialized theoretical or methodological training, or field studies and they will closely co-operate with their African (host) and African (home) supervisors.
How to Apply
Please complete the online application. If students are a first time user, they will need to register; if they are already registered, simply log in. Applicants will also be asked to submit electronic versions of their resume, essay responses, transcripts, and name and email of references. Please scan transcripts and resumes into electronic format (PDF format preferred for all requested documents).
Deadline: The application deadline is 25th August 2016.
Click link for more details and to apply