Griffith University and Gold Coast Commonwealth Games Scholarship opens for applications for students to study in Australia. These scholarships are awarded to students of any Commonwealth country or territory, including Australia who wish to undertake study or research at Griffith University in a sport or event related area.
Griffith was created to be a new kind of university—one that offered new degrees in progressive fields such as Asian studies and environmental science. At the time, these study areas were revolutionary—today, they’re more important than ever.The overreaching aim of establishing the Griffith University was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and PhD program.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in a sport or event related area.
Programs of study: Any listed degree program with a major related to Sport and Recreation, Human Movement, Sports Psychology and Event Management.
Worth of Award
Each scholarship includes:
- A full fee waiver- value will be determined by the student’s citizenship, degree program, program duration and career level
- Accommodation, living and education expenses- the scholarship covers accommodation and food (full board and lodging) on campus plus amenities to the total value of $29,700.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be commencing in a degree program in 2017 with a major related to Sport and Recreation, Human Movement, Sport, Psychology and Event management.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or permanent Humanitarian Visa holder or a
- Full New Zealand Citizen or an International Student from any Commonwealth nation or territory.
Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders, Full New Zealand Citizens and International students of any Commonwealth nation or territory are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 27th January 2017.