University of Melbourne Scholarships open for applications for international students. These scholarships are available to pursue full-time MBA program at Melbourne Business School (MBS).
Melbourne Business School (MBS) offers a comprehensive portfolio of business and graduate programs, including globally-renowned and internationally ranked world-class MBA.
Applicants require IELTS – minimum score of 7.0 overall, with no individual score less than 6.5; or TOEFL IBT – minimum score of 102, with a written score minimum of 24 and no individual score lower than 21.
Course Level: The University of Melbourne Scholarships are available for pursuing MBA programme.
Study Subject: The University of Melbourne Scholarships are awarded in the field of business administration.
Worth of Award
The value of scholarship is
- Dean’s International Management Scholarship: Up to $85,470 (towards tuition)
- Rupert Murdoch Fellowship: 85,470 (full tuition) + $13,530 (living stipend)
- Asian Development bank – Japan scholarship program: Full tuition fees, fortnightly living allowance, airfares, materials allowance and overseas student health cover.
- The Founders Scholarship: From $40,000 (towards tuition)
- The Helen MacPherson Smith Fellowship: Up to $50,000 (towards tuition)
- John Clemenger Memorial Scholarship: Up to $40,000 (towards tuition)
- Developing Nations Scholarship: From $60,000 (towards tuition)
- Diversity Excellence Scholarships: From $50,000 (towards tuition)
- MBS Scholarships: From $30,000 (towards tuition)
Dean’s International Management Scholarship
- This scholarship recognises the high calibre of international students commencing in full-time MBA program each year. Awarded on merit, the scholarship recognises candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, high-level management qualities, and who have experience in international business.
- Open to International full-time MBA candidates
Rupert Murdoch Fellowship
- Rupert Murdoch Fellowships recognise achievements, initiative and commitment in areas beyond the career or academic record and are awarded to candidates who have an interest in international business and have demonstrated a capacity to motivate and lead others. Murdoch Fellows must study on a full-time basis and complete a term of their MBA studies at a prestigious overseas business school.
- Open to: Australian citizen and permanent resident full-time MBA candidates
For Asian Development bank – Japan scholarship program
- Open to students aged 35 years or under, living and working in their home country. Students agree to return to his/her home country after the completion of studies under the MBA program.
- They must be a citizen of one of the following ADB’s member countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
The Founders Scholarship
- This scholarship is awarded to a candidate who has demonstrated innovative leadership and a positive impact in their community.
- Open to: Full-time MBA candidates
The Helen MacPherson Smith Fellowship
- Fellowships are awarded each year to outstanding women who have demonstrated that they have the potential to reach senior levels in management or to create and run their own business.
- Open to: Female full-time MBA candidates from Victoria only
John Clemenger Memorial Scholarship
- This is a highly prestigious award in appreciation of the many services John Clemenger provided to the development of Victoria, to Lawn Tennis in Australia, and to his chosen profession of advertising. The recipient is expected to have an interest in marketing and be a top achiever academically.
- Open to: Dual full-time MBA/Masters of Marketing candidates or recent full-time MBA graduates wishing to continue with their Masters of Marketing
For Developing Nations Scholarship: Open to full-time MBA candidates who hold a passport from a developing country as declared by the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs
For Diversity Excellence Scholarships: Open to full-time MBA candidates
MBS Scholarships: Open to full-time MBA candidates
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted online at apply.mbs.edu. To apply, student should have:
- A good GMAT score – as a guide, recent students have achieved an average of 680 or higher
- A CV, showing a minimum of two years’ work experience
- Academic transcript (and any postgraduate academic transcripts if completed)
- Evidence of citizenship or residency
- An excellent command of English (copy of IELTS or TOEFL score, where required*)
- Personal statements relating to your goals and how you can contribute to the program
- The names and contact details of two professional referees.
Deadline: The application deadlines are
For Asian Development bank – Japan scholarship program: 31 August 2016
For Developing Nations Scholarship: 31 August 2016
Diversity Excellence Scholarships: 19 October 2016
Dean’s International Management Scholarship: 31 August 2016
Rupert Murdoch Fellowship: 31 March 2017
Click here for more details and to apply