The American University in Cairo calls for applications for Egyptian Refining Company (ERC) Public School Scholarship aimed at supporting tuition for one undergraduate student from a public school in Matareya, Khosos or Shark Shubra El Kheima ( Mostorod).
AUC is an anchor and a magnet. As the cultural and intellectual hub of Cairo, the University attracts the brightest minds from all over the world. AUC is devoted to preparing its students to be global citizens, addressing the challenges facing the region and the world.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all the subjects offered by the university.
Worth of Award
Tuition for the academic years
Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- Students with thanawiya amma certificates from public schools in Matareya, Khosos and Shark Shubra El Kheima ( Mostorod) for the academic year 2015 – 2016
- Egyptian students
- Demonstrate financial need for the scholarship
- Active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 97.50 percent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 95 percent in the non-science division
- A minimum score of 90 percent in English language test
- Students must pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 and write score of 5.5
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
How to Apply
- Program application
- Financial application
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A letter from the school’s administration identifying the type of school (i.e., governmental, private or experimental)
- Official copy of third preparatory, first secondary and second secondary high-school certificates
- Official copy of the thanawiya amma certificates upon announcement of the grades
- Proof of extracurricular activities ( i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score
Deadline: Deadline to receive required documents is August 18, 2016.