Queensland University of Technology calls for applications for its Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship program awarded to future domestic and international undergraduate school leaver students who have completed high school in Australia.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship is University’s premier offering for high achievers. They award over 180 scholarships annually, worth $4.2 million.
To assess the English language proficiency, university accepts results from the following tests: IELTS (Academic); TOEFL iBT (Internet-based); Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic); Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE); Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing an undergraduate program.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Business, Creative Industries, Education, Health, Law, and Science and Engineering.
Worth of Award
Student will receive one of
- 110 scholarships worth $30,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a stipend of $3,750 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the standard duration of your course, for up to four years ($7,500 per year).
- 37 scholarships worth $10,000 each. The scholarship will be paid as a study stipend of $2,500 after the HECS-HELP census date of each semester for the first four semesters of your course.
Other benefits may include:
- An accelerated program of study
- Early access to research opportunities
- Membership of the QUT College of Excellence
- The opportunity to represent QUT through the Student Ambassador Program
- Access to QUT’s Leadership, Development and Innovation Program.
Successful applicants from our Science and Engineering Faculty who achieve an average grade point average (GPA) of 6 or above in their first semester will be invited to apply for a place in the Dean’s Scholars Program from Semester 2, 2016.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Be graduating Year 12 in 2016 or have graduated Year 12 in 2015
- Have an OP 1 or 2 (or equivalent) excluding bonus OPs/ranks
- Be starting university for the first time in 2017
Applicant must also be one of:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen
- A permanent resident
- The holder of a permanent humanitarian visa
- An international student who has completed high school in Australia.
How to Apply
Applicants have to apply for a QUT course to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: The application deadline is 18 November 2016.