The University of Warwick invites applications for 25 Chancellor’s international scholarship for 2017/18 entry available to most outstanding international Ph.D. applicants. Students currently enrolled in a Ph.D. or MPhil/Ph.D. at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only.
The University of Warwick is a public research university in Coventry, England. It was founded in 1965 as part of a government initiative to expand access to higher education. Applicants must have obtained or be expected to obtain at least an upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education before 31 July 2017.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for Ph.D. degree programme at the University of Warwick.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
Worth of Award
Awards made for entry in Autumn 2017 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth up to £19,740 at 16/17 rates, this figure is likely to increase with inflation for 2017/18)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates (provisional £14,539* for full-time award holders in 2017/18)
- Length of funding: 3.5 years
- Applicants for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship must also be applying for a Ph.D. at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2017;
- Students currently enrolled in a Ph.D. or MPhil/Ph.D. at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only.
- Applicants must expect to be ‘overseas’ students for fees purposes, but there are no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
How to Apply
Applicants should read the guidance notes carefully before completing the application form.
- New applicants can apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your Ph.D. or applied before 1st August 2016 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
- All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Wednesday 1st February 2017 at the latest.
Deadline: The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Wednesday 18th January 2017.
Click here for more details and to apply