Scuola Normale Superiore invites applications for 91 fully funded Ph.D. scholarships for 2016-2017. International and Italian students can apply for these Ph.D. scholarships.
Since its foundation in 1810, the Scuola Normale Superiore has built a reputation as one of the most successful universities – not only in Italy but at an international level – in terms of offering to its student’s ideal conditions to train and develop skills in the field of scientific research.
The admission interviews can be conducted in Italian or English; the admission interview for the Ph.D. course in “Political Science and Sociology” must be conducted in English. The candidate’s level of competence in the Italian and English language must be stated in the application, with reference to the EUROPASS language grid.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. research programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following fields: Classics; Cultures and Societies of Contemporary Europe; Cultures and Societies of Modern Europe; Financial Mathematics; Mathematics; Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences; Nanosciences; Neurosciences; Philosophy; Physics and Political Science and Sociology.
Worth of Award
- All students admitted to their Ph.D. programmes receive full financial support.
- This includes tuition, fees, and a cost-of-living stipend. Support is provided to students who remain in good academic standing and make satisfactory progress towards their Ph.D. degree.
- All students will be assigned further funding for their research activity and travel. Each Ph.D. course offers scholarships reserved for students who graduated in non-Italian universities.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:-
- Applications for admission are invited from candidates who, irrespective of their citizenship, have an Italian Laurea Magistrale (MA/MS degree) or an equivalent degree from outside Italy, or who expect to have obtained the degree required for admission by October 31, 2016: failure to obtain the degree by this date will disqualify the candidate for admission. Degrees from outside Italy will be checked, merely for the purposes of the selection process, by the selection committee, in accordance with the prevailing legislation in Italy and in the country where the degree was issued and with any international treaties or agreements for the recognition of degrees for the continuation of studies.
Admission to the call is restricted to candidates who:
- were born on October 31, 1986;
- have no past criminal charges against them resulting in a prison term of more than three years;
- have not been subject to the disciplinary measure of “expulsion” as specified in the didactic and internal regulations of the SNS;
- are not in possession of a research doctorate issued by an Italian university, and in any case, have never benefitted from a scholarship to attend a research doctorate course in Italy.
- The admission interviews can be conducted in Italian or English; the admission interview for the Ph.D. course in “Political Science and Sociology” must be conducted in English. The candidate’s level of competence in the Italian and English language must be stated in the application, with reference to the EUROPASS language grid.
- International and Italian students can apply for these Ph.D. scholarships.
How to Apply
Application for admission must be made online on the SNS website.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is August 30, 2016.