The FGSR Recruitment Scholarships open for applications for the best and brightest students to the University of Alberta. Students do not apply for Recruitment Scholarships. Departments recommend and nominate eligible students for relative scholarships by following the processes below.
The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the master’s level. Recipients of this scholarship will also be offered Guaranteed Housing by Residence Services.
Worth of Award
Offered for one year at a value of $17,000 plus payment of tuition and fees up to the maximum cost for registration in the equivalent of 9 normal credit weights (equivalent to 18 fee index units) in courses for the first Fall Term and Winter Term of the Master’s program only.
The scholarship will be awarded to students who:
- • both domestic and international students
• students being newly admitted to the University of Alberta in the Fall 2016 or Winter 2017 Term
• students who will be registered full-time in a course-based master’s degree program with a clearly defined research component
• applicants with Admission GPA of 3.7 and higher
• students who have not been registered in the master’s program they are recruited into
How to Apply
The department completes the nomination form, attaches the required document(s) listed on the form and submits to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) via email at [email protected] by the nomination deadline. The FGSR reviews the nominations for eligibility and completeness and forwards them to the Graduate Scholarship Committee for adjudication.
Deadline: application closes March 18, 2016