East Tennessee State University invites application for Academic Merit Scholarship for international students in USA for the year 2016-2017. This scholarship is available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme.
International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting documents required by the university.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme at East Tennessee State University in USA.
Study Subject: Scholarship is provided for any course offered by East Tennessee State University in USA.
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only.
- No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
Applicants should meet the following criteria below in order to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Students must first submit an application for admission before they can apply for the scholarship. Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to ETSU; however a scholarship applicant must be admitted to ETSU as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed. (Undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship as soon as they apply for admission to ETSU.
- Additional Conditions:
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
- International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online. Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, need to be submitted before the deadline.
Deadline: Application deadline is 15th October 2016 for spring semester.