The Open University, UK invites application for a three-year, full-time Doctoral Scholarships in Open World Learning fully funded by the Leverhulme Trust available for UK, EU and International students.
The Open University is one of the UK’s leading Research Institutions. In the 2014 REF, 72% of its research was rated as “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”. The Open University is ranked 2nd in the UK for its Education research based on quality and breadth (Times Higher research power).
Applicants must have good written and spoken communication skills. It is a requirement that all non-native English candidates demonstrate that they have passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in Open World Learning.
Worth of Award
- Funding is available for UK, EU and International students.
- Full funding for the Leverhulme Trust Doctoral Scholarship includes fees and a living allowance for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
- The living allowance is currently £14057 in 2015/16.
In terms of qualifications, experience, and expertise, it is essential that candidates have the following:
- A good degree at 2.1 level or above relevant to the area in which they are applying or a Master’s degree in a relevant area
- Knowledge of and some experience of using qualitative/quantitative research methods
- Commitment to disseminating research findings
- Good written and spoken communication skills. It is a requirement that all non-native English candidates demonstrate that they have passed the IELTS or equivalent at B2 level.
- The ability to work collaboratively with supervisors
- The ability to work independently and manage time effectively to ensure completion within the funded period.
- Funding is available for UK, EU and international students.
How to Apply
- Complete the application form. The form has been designed to give the information needed at this initial stage and allows candidates to be considered in an even-handed way.
- Email a copy of your application and Leverhulme Doctoral Scholarship research proposal to creet-student-enquiries-at-open.ac.uk, making sure that you include “Application for Leverhulme Doctoral Scholar” in the subject line.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 18 July 2016.
Click here for more details and to apply