The University of Waikato calls for applications for the School of Engineering postgraduate study scholarships open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
The university of Waikato, informally Waikato University, is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand, with a satellite campus located in Tauranga.
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to provide satisfactory evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score. Scores can vary according to the qualification sought.
Course Level: Scholarships are available postgraduate research programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are to undertake specific research projects at the University of Waikato within the School of Engineering.
Worth of Award
The value of these scholarships will be:
- Masters level applicants: $5,000 per year for two years
- Ph.D. level applicants: up to $5,000 per year for up to three years
- Applicants must be intending to enrol for the first time at the University of Waikato in B semester 2016 in the School of Engineering in either: a Masters degree 90 or 120 points thesis, or, the first year of a Ph.D. degree.
- The scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and International students. 1.3. The Scholarship are open to part- and full-time students.
- Scholarships are open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and International students.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is online. Along with the prescribed application form, each applicant must submit:
- A personal statement (no more than one A4 page) which clearly identifies how their previous study/interests align with or help them in the chosen research project;
- A CV (no more than two A4 pages); and,
- Two references (one academic and one character)
Deadline: The application deadline is 18 July 2016.