The University of Southern Denmark at the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy calls for applications for a PhD Research Fellowship for three years. The successful applicant for this position will be working in a project spanning from in vitro cell culture studies of especially membrane transporters to physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modelling by the programme SimCypR.
The Ph.D. project aims at translating the role of membrane transporters, studied in vitro, into clinical relevant pharmacokinetic parameters such as drug absorption, metabolism, distribution, excretion and toxicity (ADMET). In the project toxicity, investigations will be related to drug-drug interaction on transporters.
In order to be eligible, a good command of English is a requirement.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Ph.D. programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to the Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Pharmacy. Applicants will be working in a project spanning from in vitro cell culture studies of especially membrane transporters to physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modelling by the programme SimCypR.
Worth of Award
Appointment as a Ph.D. Research Fellow is for three years. Employment stops automatically at the end of the period. The holder of the scholarship is not allowed to have other paid employment during the three-year period. The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 10 November 2015 on salaried Ph.D. scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). The successful candidate will be enrolled at this university in accordance with faculty regulations and the Danish Ministerial Order on the Ph.D. Programme at the Universities (Ph.D. order). The university encourages all persons interested in the position to apply, regardless of their age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
The successful candidate should be able to work independently and be self-motivated. A prerequisite for application submission is a strong background in either bio-pharmacy, biochemistry or biotechnology with documented education within pharmacokinetics and interest in computer modeling Applicants are expected to be highly motivated, reliable and interested in working in an international environment. A good command of English is a requirement.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online. Application must be made in the form of a Declaration of Interest including the following:
• A research proposal/description of your approach to the above project (max one page excluding references)
• A letter stating your specific interest, motivation and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages) (please attach this under box “Application form”)
• Detailed CV, including personal contact information
• Copies of diplomas, Bachelor as well as Master’s degree, including transcript of notes/grades
• At least two signed reference letters. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly to us, please have them use e-mail: anc-at-sdu.dk mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. And please note that these also need to reach us before the deadline.
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is 15 August 2016.