UN Global Compact invites applications for internships in its New York office. Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (bachelor or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship.
Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for the duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. Internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid. Interns must, therefore, be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities in its New York office. The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary objectives: (1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
Field of Internship: Depending on their level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will: conduct research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption.
Worth of Award
- Please note that internships at UN Headquarters are unpaid.
- Interns must, therefore, be able to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
Internship Duration: Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for the duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. UN Global Compact encourages candidates to apply for the following sessions:
- Summer / Fall: August to November (with a possible extension to December)
- Winter / spring: January to May (with a possible extension to June).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (bachelor’s or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
- International applicants are eligible to apply for this internship program.
How to Apply
- Those interested in pursuing an internship with the UN Global Compact must submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
- For summer 2016, the Global Compact Internship Job Opening Number is 60200. Candidates are strongly recommended to pay attention to the job opening number to make sure that their applications reach the UN Global Compact Office.
- After you have completed this application, please notify the Global Compact Office (info-at-unglobalcompact.org) to ensure that your name is placed on the list of potential candidates.
Deadline: The application deadlines for upcoming sessions are as below: Summer 2016 (July to December 2016): Applications accepted from 3 May 2016 to 29 June 2016.
Notification: Due to the large number of applications received, only accepted interns will be notified a few weeks before the beginning of the session or within 4 weeks after each session’s application deadline.