Shiraz University of Medical Sciences invites applications for a variety of scholarships to the applicants demonstrating outstanding educational skills in order to help them in affording their education. All students applying to one of the undergraduate programs at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) are invited to apply for the scholarship program. This program is available to all undergraduate students worldwide. The application is open all the year round.
Worth of Award
- Type C Scholarship covers all your expenses (including registration, furnished accommodation, insurance, Persian language courses) except for the tuition fee and English language courses (if deemed necessary).
- Type B Scholarship is a partial or full
Tuition-Waiver: Scholarship, which covers fees for registration, furnished accommodation, insurance, Persian language courses, courses and discount on the tuition fee ranging from 1% to 100%.
Study Field(s): This scholarship is awarded to the candidates applying for one of the following programs at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences:
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.)
- All Other Undergraduate Programs
Course Level: Scholarships are available for the undergraduate programs mentioned above.
Scholarship Provider: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
- The applicant must not be a citizen of Iran.
- The candidate may not possess dual citizenship, where the second citizenship is from Iran.
- The candidate must hold a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- The applicant may not be supported by any other funding sources during the time they are granted the scholarship.
Duration of Award(s): The Undergraduate Scholarships are granted for a maximum period of 12 months. The scholarship is renewed on a yearly basis depending on the academic progress of the student.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted only online. To apply for this scholarship, please fill in the Application Form.
- The candidate should fill in the online application form and submit it.
- In addition to that, the applicant is required to attach a cover letter to the application form, determining which type of scholarship they are applying for explaining why they believe themselves to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Once applications are received by Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS), they will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee.
- As the selection process is completed, candidates will be notified of the results via e-mail.
- Notification: Selection of the candidates will be in August 2016 and results will be announced in September 2016.
Deadline: There is no deadline for this application. However, they accept students only for the fall semester. Please make sure to submit your application in time enough in order that your application can be taken into the consideration for the upcoming semester if you wish to apply for the fall semester 2016-2017.