Funded by donations from CEU Business School graduates, the CEU Business School Alumni Scholarship is awarded to students who demonstrate a commitment to building whole communities, not simply a business and remain a vital force of our alumni community after graduation.
The CEU Business School Alumni Scholarship is given to those students who otherwise would not be able to join our A1MBA program. The scholarship is awarded based upon the overall merit and financial need of the applicant. Provided as a partial tuition waiver, this Scholarship supports those incoming students who will be active community-building members of the CEU Business School and will reflect “the giving-back culture” of our School.
NOTE: Alumni Scholarship Recipients must show satisfactory academic progress, as well as complete up to 40 hours of support activities with the CEU Alumni Relations & Career Services, Student Recruitment and Academic Services unit. More information will be provided to those selected.
This scholarship is available only for incoming students and is awarded for one academic year.
- Demonstrated community building skills (including volunteerism)
- Willingness to continue community-building activity while at CEU Business School, such as with CEU Business School Alumni Relations & Career Services office
- Commitment to volunteering and to playing an active role in building „giving back” culture as part of our alumni after graduation.
- Submission of a CV (max. 2 pages) with your application via email
- Completed Accelerated One-year
- MBA application (together with a competitive GMAT or GRE score) Please find more information about the application requirements and the admissions process here.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your answers to the following questions (in a pdf) along with your CV to here. (Applications without a CV will not be accepted.)
- How would you personally benefit from the Alumni Scholarship and what difference would it make in your life? (100 words max)
- Please briefly discuss one past community-building volunteer project in which you were involved or assumed a leadership role. Explain the most important direct impact your role had on the project and/or on the community itself (200 words max)
- Describe how you plan to apply your community-building experience and/or leadership skills at CEU Business School and what kind of impact you would like to have on CEU Business School? (100 words max)
- Please describe how you would like to become involved after graduation in areas related to community building, such as broad volunteerism, active alumni CEU Business School work, work with NGOs, etc.? (200 words max)
Scholarships will be awarded based on the quality of essays, academic performance and aptitude (including past academic performance and generally high GMAT scores), demonstrated leadership and community-building skills, and a clear plan on how the scholarship applicant will help strengthen our “giving -back” culture and enhance CEU Business School’s community building after graduation.
Deadline: Applicants will be notified of the decisions by June 30, 2016.