Rihanna invites applications for the Clara Lionel Foundation for Global Scholarship Program to assist students who plan to continue their education in college in the United States.
Students from Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica can apply for the scholarship Program which is available for study in the United States and been accepted to an accredited four-year college or university located in the United States.
Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender or disability.
Worth of Award
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $5,000 to $50,000 USD. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) each semester.
Eligibility: Applicants to the Clara Lionel Foundation Global Scholarship Program must be:
- A citizen or native of Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica.
- Applicants must have been born in one of these countries. If selected as a finalist, you will need to provide a copy of your birth certificate.
- Eligible to study in the United States and been accepted to an accredited four-year college or university located in the United States.
- As part of your application, you will need to upload a copy of your acceptance letter.
- First-time college freshmen (with fewer than 12 college credits unless those credits were earned in high school) planning to enroll in the full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire 2016-2017 academic year.
- Eligible to receive funding per the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Nationality: Applicants of the following countries can apply for the Scholarship Program:Brazil, Barbados, Cuba, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, or Jamaica and USA
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Supporting Material: As part of their application, applicants must upload the following documents to Scholarship Management Services by June 10, 2016:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- A completed Applicant Appraisal Form.
- A copy of the acceptance letter from the accredited four-year college or university applicants will be attending in the United States.
Their application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 10, 2016.
Click here for more details and to apply