Tianjin University invites applications for a scholarship for bachelor, masters, and doctoral degree programme in China for non-Chinese citizens 2019.
Tianjin University is one of the designated Chinese institutions of higher education, authorized by the Ministry of Education of China and Tianjin Municipal Education Commission to recruit the foreign students under the Tianjin Government Scholarship Program.
Tianjin University School of International Education was established in January 2000, it is one of the secondary schools of Tianjin University. The school of International Educational takes enrollment, teaching administration, social administration and services functions of international students at Tianjin University for its main task, and also undertakes the Chinese language teaching for international students.
Worth of Award
- This scholarship is a fully funded and partially funded scholarship
- Bachelor’s: 4 years duration. One year scholarship
- Masters: 2-3 years duration of studies. one year scholarship.
- PhD: 4 years duration. one year scholarship
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this Scholarship:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
- A bachelor’s Degree program applicant should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 30. Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1, 2019. must submit the original guardian certificate issued by the Tianjin District Notary Office, and the Guardian must be a permanent resident of Tianjin.
- A Master’s Degree program applicant should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35. A Doctoral Degree program applicant should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
- Language Proficiency requirements:
- Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed.
- English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (English native speakers are exempted). TOFEL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0
How to Apply
- Applicants should complete an Online Application on our website (http://tju.at0086.cn/student) according to the application schedule.
- Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.Application Documents
- Scan of the highest diploma. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Scan of pre-graduation certificate is required if the applicants have not gained a certificate. Please resubmit the notarized copy of the highest diploma before registration. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Scan of a notarized copy of the academic transcripts or scan of international standardized test results (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB etc.).
- Photocopy of passport.
- The applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submit the HSK certificate. Applicants whose mother tongue is Chinese or whose instruction language is Chinese during the highest educational level can be exempted from HSK certificate. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed.
- The applicant who has not met the requirement of Chinese proficiency level should take Chinese language courses for one year, and start major studies when achieving the required HSK certificate.
- The applicant applying for programs taught in English needs to submit an English proficiency certificate (New TOFEL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0)
Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 15, 2019.