Aalborg University (AAU) calls for application for PhD position in Innovation and Sustainable Development in Denmark. Danish as well as international applicants are eligible to apply for this position.
Applicants are expected to be able to teach in English at both bachelor and graduate level and to prepare the PhD-thesis in English.
Course Level: Position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Innovation and Sustainable Development.
Appointment and salary in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities No 242 of 13 March 2012 and The Ministry of Higher Education and Science Circular concerning the job structure for academic staff at universities of 19 August 2015. Salary will be in accordance with the agreements in force.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this Scholarship:-
-The duration of the PhD scholarship is three years. Applicants to the PhD scholarship must hold a degree equivalent to a Danish Master’s degree. Applicants who expect to graduate before the date of appointment must forward documentation for the date of their final exam.
-The PhD scholarship will be allocated to an individual who holds a relevant Masters degree in the Social Sciences, such as Economics, Business Administration, Economic Geography, Economic History, Innovation Studies or similar.
-Applicants are expected to have strong analytical capabilities and exhibit a high degree of independence and maturity in their research work. Applicants are expected to demonstrate their academic skills. These include formulating good and relevant research questions, warranting these in the extant theoretical literature and provide initial ideas for a research design. Furthermore, applicants are expected to be able to teach in English at both bachelor and graduate level and to prepare the PhD-thesis in English.
-Applicants are also expected to be capable of collaborating closely with industry and across cultures. Prior experience from working on China-Africa/EU-Africa relations is an advantage. Prior experience from working on the wind energy industry is also an advantage
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Applications must include the following:
-A personal statement, including the motives for the application, the ability to carry out the project (scientifically and personally) as well as ability to integrate theory and practice in research work.
– A preliminary project description (max 5 pages) giving a brief reflection of how the applicant would address the issues outlined under the topic. The project description should include: the research project title, an outline of the course of study and a description of the overall problem areas
– Applicant’s curriculum vitae.
– A copy of the applicant’s Master’s degree certificate.
– A copy of the applicant’s Master’s degree thesis and published articles (if any).
-Foreign applicants must forward verified IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). Exempted are applicants with a Master’s Degree from Denmark, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and Canada.
– Co-author statement. If publications that have been written in cooperation with others are submitted, a declaration from each of the authors must be enclosed. The declaration must state the extent of the applicant’s contribution to the total work and be signed by the authors.
– Two references informing about the applicant’s personality and professional capabilities.
Deadline: Application deadline is 10-April-2016.