The University Blaise Pascal invites applications for a PhD position in Fundamental Physics. The selected candidate will be enrolled in a three-year PhD programme at the Doctoral School in Fundamental Physics of the University.
University Blaise Pascal is a beneficiary partner of a Marie Skodowska Curie European Action Innovative Training Network (MSCA ITN) on “Advanced Multivariate Analysis for New Physics Searches at the Large Hadron Collider: AMVA4NewPhysics”. Scholarship will be taken up at Clermont-Ferrand, France.
Study Subject: Position is available at the Doctoral School in Fundamental Physics of the University.
Worth of Award
- The gross scholarship amounts to 2450 euros/month; in addition, a mobility allowance of euro 600/month (before taxes) is provided for, as well as a family allowance of euro 500/month (before taxes) if applicable.
- The cost of the doctoral courses, as well as all expenses related to travel to schools, workshops, and network-organized events, will be planned and sustained by the network.
- There are strict eligibility requirements for this position. Please ensure to be qualified before applying, as ineligible candidates cannot be considered.
- Applicants should not have resided or performed their main activity (work, studies, etc) in France for more than 12 months in the period May 31, 2013 to June 1, 2016 (short stays such as holidays are not taken into account).
- Applicants must have an at least 4 years full time university education degree formally enabling them to embark in a doctorate program in the country where the degree was obtained.
- Applicants should be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctorate. This 4 year period is measured from the date of obtaining the degree which would formally entitle to embark on a doctorate. The application of females is encouraged as AMVA4NewPhysics applies affirmative-action measures to ensure gender equality in the recruitment process.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted to the following email address: amva4np-AT-clermont.in2p3.fr
Supporting Material: The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
1) An email with a zip folder attached including:
-A short curriculum-vitae (max 2 pages)
-A signed application form filled according to the format
-A scanned copy of a valid identification document (Passport or ID card)
-A copy of education certificates and transcripts of records.
-A copy of the degree thesis and publications (if any)
Subject of the email should be: FIRST NAME FAMILY NAME APPLICATION (e.g. “JOHN DOE APPLICATION”).
The total size of emails to the above address cannot exceed 10 megabytes. If the provided material does not fit in 10 megabytes, candidates are allowed to submit it in multiple emails.
2) At least two letters of recommendation must be sent to the above address by the same deadline, in a separate email directly by the referees of choice of the candidate
Subject of the email should be: First name family name letter of reference (e.g. “ John doe letter of reference”)
Deadline: The application deadline is May 15, 2016.