The International Women’s Media Foundation is seeking nominations for its 2012 Courage in Journalism and Lifetime Achievement awards.
For both awards, candidates must be full-time, part-time or freelance women journalists currently working in print, broadcast or online media in any country. For the Courage Awards, candidates employed by organizations whose main objective is not journalism will not be considered. Candidates for the Lifetime Achievement Award can be working or retired journalists.
How to Nominate a Journalist
Please note that self-nominations are not accepted. Candidates may be nominated by colleagues, employers, journalists or others. Completed nominations must be in English and include the following:
• Completed nomination form
• Nomination statement completed by a professional associate
• Brief biography of the candidate highlighting her work as it relates to the Courage in Journalism Awards or the Lifetime Achievement Award
• Resume or CV of the candidate
• Examples of the candidate’s work (details on the nomination form)
• Two letters of support from professional associates
Deadline: Completed nominations, including all supporting documents, must be submitted to the IWMF no later than March 2, 2012. Nominations should be emailed to [email protected] whenever possible, but are also accepted by regular mail, courier service or fax. Winners will be announced in May 2012.
For more information, and to apply, visit their website by clicking here.