The Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS) opens for application for international students starting their studies in September 2016. The university offers partial scholarship awards to encourage well-qualified graduates assessed as international for fees purposes to undertake taught postgraduate study.
Worth of Award
Each award is worth £2,000 for one year payable to the student’s tuition fee account. Research postgraduates and fully funded taught postgraduates are not eligible to receive these awards.
You could be eligible to apply for a NUIPS award if:
- you have been offered a place on any postgraduate taught degree programme
- you have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes,
- you hold a first class Honours degree and IELTS 7.0. and you are applying for a degree programme within the faculties of HaSS (Humanities and Social Sciences) or MedSci (Medical Sciences),
- you hold an upper-second-class Honours degree and IELTS 6.5. and you are applying for a degree programme within the faculty of SAgE (Science, Agriculture and Engineering),
- you intend to register to start your studies during the 2016-17 academic year.
- Continuing students are not eligible to apply; applicants must be starting a new degree programme in September 2016.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship please complete the electronic application form.
Deadline: The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 27 May 2016. Please note that NUIPS applications cannot be considered for candidates unless they have already applied for and been offered a place to study at the University in the 2016/17 academic year.