Makerere University Uganda is offering the MasterCard foundation scholarship for Ugandan and African students to study for undergraduate degree.
Makerere University has partnered with The MasterCard Foundation (MCF) to support 1,000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to access quality university education from 2014 to 2024. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University is pleased to announce 200 scholarship opportunities for both national and international students who will be joining the University in the academic year 2016/17 for undergraduate education.
Eligible Field of Study: Applying to study in the preferred fields of Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engineering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
Worth of Award
This is a full scholarship for the whole period of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must apply for admission to Makerere University main campus only for academic year 2016/17 on private scheme. The applicant should be admitted on direct entry (using UACE results) or its equivalent for international applicants.
- The applicant must be from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa.
- The applicant should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 15 points for boys and 13 points for girls at UACE for Ugandans, and two principal passes in relevant subjects for international applicants. Those who studied sciences have an added advantage.
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership skills, commitment to social betterment and giving back to their communities.
- The applicant should not have been admitted by government or be holders of any other scholarship.
Applicants must be;
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
How to Apply
- Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 401. P.O BoxA 7062, Kampala. Or download the Application Forms from the link below
- The applicant should submit completed scholarship application form to the address in (1) above by Friday 27th May 2016. If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to: msgender[at]gender.mak.ac.ug or info[at]mcfsp.mak.ac.ug
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply
Deadline: application closes 27th May 2016