Sawiris Foundation for Social Development invites applications for the Engineering for Development (E4D) doctoral scholarships, 2016. The Scholarship is offered to students who meet the entrance requirements for doctoral studies at ETH Zurich, Switzerland.
The goal of the Engineering for Development (E4D) programme is to promote the development of products or methods which are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries.
Eligible Study Subject: The research topic is innovative and relevant for development.
Worth of Award
An ETH scholarship amounts to a maximum of 2/3 of the first-year gross salary for doctoral students (based on 100% salary) and is paid out every month (children’s allowance is also granted – please include a copy of the birth certificate(s)*).
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:-
- Applicants from any country who meet the entrance requirements for doctoral studies at ETH Zurich are eligible to apply for this doctoral scholarships.
- The entrance requirements for doctoral studies at ETH Zurich have to be fulfilled.
– The research topic is innovative and relevant for development.
– The expected impact for the intended target group is high.
– The research is conducted with a partner in a developing country.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via e-mail.
Supporting Material: The candidate has to submit the concept note, a CV and a letter of support by the supervising ETH professor in electronic format topatricia.heuberger-at-sl.ethz.ch. Compulsory Annexes:
– Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich
– Certificates and transcripts
Deadline: Submission deadline is 31st March 2016
Click here for more details and to apply