The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu is inviting applications for the Federal Government BEA Scholarship for Nigerians in 2021.
The mission of the Federal Ministry of Education is to use education as a tool for fostering the development of all Nigerian citizens to their full potentials, in the promotion of a strong, democratic, egalitarian, prosperous, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God.”
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary,
Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were
obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea,
Worth of Award
The scholarship is fully funded
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2019 & 2020) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only.
- The age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Field of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,
Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology,
Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng
and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the
- Application forms are to be completed online as follows:
- Complete form online
- Submit and Print a copy
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of years 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly
signed by you.
Deadline: Application is ongoing, apply immediately