The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites applications for the Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards for Nigerians for the 2022/23 academic session.
The mission of the Federal Ministry of Education is to use education as a tool for fostering the development of all Nigerian citizens to their full potentials, in the promotion of a strong, democratic, egalitarian, prosperous, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation under God.”
Worth of Award
This scholarship is fully funded.
For undergraduate scholarships,
- All applicants must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only. This should be in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2020 & 2021) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2021) only.
- The age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
For postgraduate scholarships,
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
The fields of study for undergraduates include
- Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.
While the fields of study for postgraduates (Masters Degree and PhD) include all fields.
How to Apply
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigene letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Deadline: The window of application for the Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards closes on January 31, 2022.