The Congo Basin Grant Program (CBGP) has been established to provide competitive research grants of up to $5,000 USD for African graduate students and early career professionals working in the areas of biodiversity, conservation and environmental sustainability in the Congo Basin region.
CARN seeks to advance evidence-based conservation efforts that conserve biodiversity and ecosystem health, protect threatened wildlife species and habitats, and promote environmental sustainability.
Eligible Study Subject: Grants are awarded in the areas of biodiversity, conservation and environmental sustainability in the Congo Basin region.
Worth of Award
Research grants of up to $5,000 USD value are awarded to African graduate students.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:-
- -A resident of one of the following countries: Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic and Uganda.
- 35 years of age or younger
- Enrolled in a graduate program or hold a professional position.
- Students from Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic and Uganda are eligible to apply for this programme.
How to Apply
- The mode of application is online.
- Supporting Material: In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
-Description of Proposed Project
-Budget (not to exceed $5,000 USD)
-Curriculum Vitae and Two Letters of Reference.
Deadline: Application deadline is May 1, 2016.
Click here for more details and to apply