The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program offers its 2016 applications at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana for Ghanaian and African students 2016.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST invites applications from academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa for the 2016 scholarships. It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
Worth of Award
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accommodation, learning materials, transportation and stipend
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service and mentoring(Go-back Give- Back) and uniquely sourced internship.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
For the 2016/2017 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Senior High School Graduates with WASSCE Results and Certificate Ready and Satisfy KNUST’s Admission Requirements.
- The Applicant must have Demonstrated Extreme Critical Needs.
- The Applicant must also have Proven Record of Leadership and Community Engagement
- International Students from Provable Economically Vulnerable Background
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants will be given top priority
- There is Preference for Science Students; however, All Subjects Are Considered
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back And Give-Back to His Or Her Community
How to Apply
- Download the application form
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Deadline: Applications close at 17:00GMT, 29th April, 2016
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews to be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Office of the Dean of Students.
- Final Selection will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of ALL examination results and information provided as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants will be conducted.
- For further enquiry and assistance, please CONTACT the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790/ +233-3220-62975 Or email us at [email protected]