Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) invites applications for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Ghana for the 2022/23 academic year.
The goal of the scholarship is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformative leaders. Leaders who would influence positive forward-looking changes in their respective home countries specifically and on the African Continent as a whole.
MCFSP at KNUST provides comprehensive scholarships for access to quality university education. These scholarships are for QUALIFIED academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa.
Worth of Award
- The Scholarship package includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services.
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development among others).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and
Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give-Back).
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
- All Applicants and prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O Level and A Level or their equivalent results from accredited/recognized institutions.
- Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
- The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
Priority shall be given to;
Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, and the like)
• Persons living with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
How to Apply
Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, Fedex, UPS) to
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Africa Hall Road, Impact Building
Deadline: The deadline is on or before May 31, 2023