Thomas Gale Scholarship opens for applications for Kenyan undergraduate students. There are two scholarships which will be awarded to undergraduate students from Kenya. Students are able to apply for one of the three week summer school courses offered as part of SOAS Academic Summer School.
SOAS, University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East
Worth of Award
- This is a fully paid for scholarship, up to the value of £3,000. This amount covers the tuition fee, accommodation fee, flights, visa costs and a stipend for living costs.
- Scholarship winners will be required to provide a testimonial about their time as a scholarship student on the Summer School and take part in promotional activities.
- Visas: Students are responsible for ensuring they have the correct visa documentation to attend the SOAS Summer School.
- This scholarship is aimed at students who would not ordinarily be able to afford to come to SOAS Academic Summer School.
- You must be a citizen of or ordinarily resident in Kenya or the US. International students who are studying in either of these countries are therefore not eligible for these awards.
- You must be currently enrolled on an undergraduate programme at either a US or Kenyan university.
- You must meet the general entrance and English language requirements for the Summer School as they are stated on our entry requirements page.
- Candidates will be considered based on their financial needs, and will be asked questions about their financial status and that of their family in the application form.
- Candidates will also be assessed on their academic merit and will be asked to submit their latest university transcript and an academic reference.
How to Apply
Complete the Thomas Gale Scholarship application form, which includes providing a compelling personal statement of no more than 500 words an academic reference and latest university transcript.
Assessment of your application will be based on your supporting statement together with academic grades. The deadline for return of the form is 31 March 2016, successful candidates will hear back from us by 8th April 2016. If you do not hear back from SOAS by this date please assume you have not been successful this time.