The School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds invites applications for two scholarships to international students of outstanding ability, achievement and potential – undertaking a full-time MRes in Climate and Atmospheric Science.
Worth of award
Scholarships worth up to £19,000.
- You must first hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) of an academic place on the MRes in Climate and Atmospheric Science for the academic year commencing September 2016, and be designated by the University as being of international fee status.
- All applications will be assessed on a competitive basis. A scholarship award cannot be deferred and will lapse if not accepted in September 2016.
How to Apply
Please submit a completed School of Earth and Environment Scholarship application to [email protected] by 1st May 2016.
You should apply for taught postgraduate courses on-line. You will need to complete the application form and submit it with the following documentation:
- Two Academic* References on Letter headed paper (or download the form at theon-line applications website)
- Copy of your Degree Transcript** with modular breakdown, including final degree classification (or if you are yet to complete your degree, please send a transcript of your marks so far). If you are an international student you should also include a copy of your University grading system.
- Copy of C.V. / Resume
- Statement of Motivation (200 to 400 Words) outlining your reasons for applying for your chosen course .
- They would recommend that these documents are uploaded to your online application or emailed to apply-masters(at)see.leeds.ac.uk. Please ensure that your name, ID number and the name of the course that you are applying for are in the subject line of any emails that you send us. Documents should be emailed or uploaded in JPG, PDF or word format. If you would prefer to submit documents by post you can send them to;
Taught Postgraduate Admissions
School of Earth and Environment
University of Leeds
*Note: Applicants with relevant, and recent, work experience may include a work reference in place of one of the academic references. Applicants who are unable to provide any academic references (for example due to the period of time lapsed since bachelor degree studies) should contact the School Admissions Office in the first instance for advice.
**Note: You do not need to provide a transcript if you studied for your undergraduate degree at the University of Leeds (graduating after 2001), as we can access your transcript internally.
To be able to consider your application we need to receive all of the above documents (including references as we do not request these directly), preferably at the same time that you submit your application. If you are not able to supply any of these documents at the time of your initial application please do so within 6 weeks. The School of Earth and Environment Admissions Office will send a reminder email of any missing documents.
Deadline: 1st May 2016.
Email contact: [email protected]