You will be eligible to apply for an Award if you are resident in the UK, have been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain in the UK and do not qualify for funding from Student Finance England. If you become eligible for funding during your course your award will be paid up to the date you became eligible for funding from Student Finance England.
There are two awards available which consist of a fee waiver and a £3000 cash award which will be paid in three instalments per year, £1000 per term.
Worth of Award
Full Overseas fee waive plus £3,000 cash award per year of study. The payments of the cash award will be made at the start of December, February and May.
To be eligible for the award you will:
- Be resident in the UK and have been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain in the UK;
- Have received an offer of a conditional or unconditional place on a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University of Sussex, excluding courses at Brighton and Sussex Medical School;
- Have not already obtained a degree or degree equivalent qualification from another Institution;
- Have not met the eligibility criteria for funding from Student Finance England;
- Have a household income of less than £42,620.
- Intend to remain on the programme for which the scholarship is offered.
How to Apply
Please provide the following information with your application as proof of eligibility.
- Copies of documentation confirming your DLR status (letter or Biometric Residence Permit Card)
- Proof of your household income. E.g. P60’s, payslips, benefit notification letters, self-employed accounts etc.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is 30 June 2016.
Notification of Award: 19th August 2016