The Foundation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris invites applications for its PGSM International Masters Scholarship in the 2021/22 academic session.
The Foundation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris offers to students, selected through an online application process, some scholarships of 1 or 2 years in one of the universities of its network. The laureates will be able to register to the universities of the FSMP network. They will benefit from a range of courses based on the skills of the whole Parisian laboratories in mathematical sciences research.
Worth of Award
- The laureates PGSM laureates receive a scholarship of 1100 euros per month maximum: 600€/month + 500 €/month for a housing benefit (upon justification only).
- The FSMP will take care of finding accommodation for the laureates in students residence under preferential conditions.
- Furthermore, the FSMP reimburses each laureate the cost of a return ticket from his/her home country to Paris (one return ticket in economic class per year)
- Laureates for M2 studies will receive a scholarship for 10 months (+ 2 months if they want to do a doctorate in France).
- Laureates for M1 studies will receive a 12-month scholarship. The extension of the scholarship for a second year is subject to the successful completion of the first year and the jury’s approval.
- The administrative team of the Foundation helps every student to be well integrated into the Paris’ microcosm. The team also helps them for any administrative procedures such as University registration, medical care or Visa’s procedure.
- This scholarship is available for students who wish to pursue their study in the first and/or in the second year of master in fundamental mathematics and theoretical computer science.
- Female students are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Moreover, during the second call, an additional M2 scholarship in Pure Mathematics, financed by IMJ-PRG, will be awarded to a female student who has completed her M1 in mathematics or prepared “agrégation de mathématiques” in Sorbonne University (Paris 6) or Paris Diderot University (Paris 7).
- This call is open for the same students above mentioned and students who carried out a bachelor degree or the first year of master in one of the universities of the FSMP’s network.
How to Apply
- The mode of application is online.
- Documents to upload with the online application;
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of application
- Bachelor school reports (transcript of grades) and certificate
- Master school reports (transcript of grades) and certification when available
- Letter(s) of recommendation(s): do not forget to mention (step 4 of the application process) the e-mail address of the professors who wish to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic email to upload their letter.
Deadline: Application closes May 8, 2021 (11.59 pm, Paris Time)