University of Laval announces the offer of master’s scholarships to academically outstanding international students for 2016 entry. Scholarships are awarded to undertake postgraduate degree programme at the university.
The purpose of this program is to promote academic excellence by offering scholarships to foreign students who are citizens of an African or European country (other than France) and are admitted to a master’s programme at University of Laval.
Applicants graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed. Applicants must also demonstrate sufficient mastery of the language of instruction, which is French. For admission to a master’s programme, the equivalent of a North American bachelor’s degree is required.
Worth of Award: This scholarship of $7,000 per year is renewable once, subject to compliance with the faculty’s criteria of excellence and upon the research director’s recommendation and faculty approval.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme at the University of Laval.
Scholarships are awarded within the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, Faculty of Forestry, Geography and Geomatics, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, Faculty of Music, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Philosophy, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences and Food, Faculty of Educational Sciences, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Social Sciences and Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies.
- At the deadline indicated below, must have submitted a complete application package3 at Université Laval in an eligible first master’s program and have been accepted in this program.
- You are a foreign student who is a citizen of an African or European country other than France.
- You graduated from a public university accredited by the ministry of higher education in your country of origin. For private institutions, eligibility is determined when the file is reviewed.
- You are registered full time for the two firt semesters in the program of study for which the scholarship was granted (winter 2015 and summer 2015).
- Please note that master’s scholarships for international students will not be available for study programs followed exclusively outside Quebec.
Deadline:There is no form to complete for master’s level scholarships. Recipients are selected using information from admission applications received by Université Laval. To be considered, candidates must apply for admission by September 15, 2014. To be considered, candidates must submit a complete application for admission to the University no later than the deadline of the target semester.
- Admission for winter 2016 : September 15th, 2015
- Admission for summer 2016 : January 15th, 2016
- Admission for fall 2016 : March 15th, 2016