The Sochon Foundation invites applications for the Sochon Foundation Scholarship for UK/EU and international students undertaking a full-time post-graduate programme in Korean Studies.
SOAS, University of London is the only higher education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. Uniquely combining language scholarship, disciplinary expertise and regional focus, it has the largest concentration in Europe of academic staff concerned with Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Worth of Award: The Sochon Foundation scholarship, valued at £7,000 in total is for tuition fees with the remainder, if any, for living costs.
Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing MA degree programme.
Eligible Course of study: Scholarships are available in Korean Studies.
- List of subjects: MA Korean Studies (one-year programme only)
- MA Korean Literature (one-year programme only)
- MA History of Art (students taking three units, including dissertation, in Korea-related subjects; one-year programme only)
- MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research (new admissions, starting in September 2016)
- Applicants on the following programmes of study may also apply, but will not be given preference:
- Current MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research full time students at SOAS and
- Students undertaking any other full time post-graduate degree related to Korean Studies.
Applicants can apply for this scholarship if they meet the following:
–Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
-Applicants must have an offer of admission to the degree programme by the scholarship application deadline.
-Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2016. If applicants offer is conditional on English, they can arrange their English test and ensure they meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent).
- English Language Requirement: In order to ensure that SOAS students have a sufficient standard of english to study effectively, the university requires overseas students to submit evidence, during the application process, of their current level of proficiency.
- Supporting Material: In addition to the on-line scholarship application form, applicants will also need two references. Applicants can send reference form to each of their referees together with a copy of their completed scholarship application form. The reference form may be downloaded from the box at the top right from 28 January 2016.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is 3rd May 2016.