Students from member states of the African Development Bank are invited to apply for an internship in the bank.The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- Be citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
Applicants are required to apply online.
Applicants are requested to attach:
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent or
- A recommendation letter from the academic institution they are currently attending.
- A brief description of the program or the topic (thesis or dissertation) to be prepared during the internship (when applicable).
Please note that only complete applications will be processed.
Duration /Timing/Location of Internship
Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum).
Deadline: The application deadline for the 2014 ADB Summer internship is program is February 15, 2014.
Terms and Conditions
Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of 550 UA (Units of Accounts – AfDB moving average exchange rate applicable in March 2013 is 1 UA= $1.53070 = 1.18404 Euro = 2.40833 TND)
Interns will be responsible for their airfare to and from the location of their internship, their visa if needed and will be required to have international medical and accident insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
For more information, and to apply online, click here.