Unreasonable East Africa is accepting applications for the 2019 programme round for innovative social entrepreneurs creating disruptive startup ideas that are changing the social and environmental landscape in their community.
They are passionate about one thing and ONE THING alone. Finding the best entrepreneurs and surrounding them with ALL THE RESOURCES that they need to grow – this is the main thing that keeps their team going, and also that keeps them up at night. They are heavily invested in the successes of the entrepreneurs with whom they have partnered. If you are looking for a true thought partner to help bear the burden of growing a successful company, then you need to consider the program.
Please note that their support NEVER ends – only the 10 months do:). They continue to make introductions, support you during funding raises, connect you to mentors, and provide you with and you have unlimited access to the UEA network of mentors, peers, investors and partners. We view learning and growth as a process that takes several years and happens in multiple phases.
Worth of Award
- Please note that their support NEVER ends – only the 10 months do:).
- They continue to make introductions, support you during funding raises, connect you to mentors, and provide you with and you have unlimited access to the UEA network of mentors, peers, investors and partners.
While the following criteria reflect the kinds of companies they target as ideal candidates for their programme, they do not believe in blindly following the rules. If you don’t meet one or more of these characteristics, then convince them that you deserve a spot at their programme and apply anyway! That’s what it means to be UNREASONABLE!
They’re Looking For high potential companies that:
- Are generating annual revenues of at least $20,000
- Have a viable business model.
- Are 3-5 years old, unless there is a significant pivot/product/reason that has shifted the working/thinking of the business.
- Have a foundational team of at least 2 people in place who are capable and committed to seeing the vision and mission through.
Additionally, they look for high potential entrepreneurs who are:
- Bold visionaries that are highly ambitious for what their companies can achieve in terms of revenue and impact.
- Ethical and have strong integrity.
- Hungry to learn.
- Exemplary at executing the work needed to achieve the vision and success of the company.
- A selected company must be able to send a CEO or co-founder with significant decision making power in the company to attend our program.
- They work only with companies that are based in and operating in East Africa.
How to Apply
The application process to become an Unreasonable fellow consists of three stages:
- An online written application,
- an interview,
- a deeper follow-up interview and a site visit.
Deadline: Applications close December 29, 2019.