Three Ferguson scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at School of Oriental and African Studies, SOAS, thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust.
Each Ferguson Scholarship is valued at £14,956 and lasts for one year. The scholarships can be used for fees and the remainder towards maintenance. The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
The Ferguson Scholarships commence in the academic year 2012/13 and can only be used for the eligible programmes below.
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold (or be expected to obtain) an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Have applied for a place to study at the School at least four weeks before the scholarship closing date
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Deadline: 5pm on January 31, 2012. You must submit your application for admission by this date and apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship online (see link below). Please check the admission page of the course you are interested in and submit your application online.
If you have any questions about applying, email: [email protected]
For more information, click here.
To access the online scholarship form, click here.