The Petroleum Technology Development Fund PTDF Scholarship scheme opens for application for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study in Nigeria and Overseas. Its mission therefore is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-Country MSc and PhD Scholarships. Awards will be granted for studies in the 2016/2017 academic session in the United Kingdom Germany, Australia, USA and France (Grenoble INP) as well as PTDF upgraded Universities in Nigeria. However, the Undergraduate level will be awarded for studies in Nigeria only on subject areas listed below.
Worth of Award: Full scholarship
Eligible Field of Study: Mainly engineering, technology and engineering management courses
A. UNDER GRADUATE (Nigeria Only)
- Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
- Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their 1st Year.
- Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
- Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
i. Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
ii. Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
iii. Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
MSc (OSS and LSS)
A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA).
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA).
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK).
PhD (OSS and LSS)
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline.
- Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection.
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must include their masters degree project.
List of Eligible Nigerian Universities:
- African University of Science and Technology – Petroleum Engineering
- Institute of Petroleum Studies, Port Harcourt
- University of Port Harcourt- Gas Eng
- University of Ibadan- Petroleum Eng
- University of Nigeria Nsukka- Geology
- University of Benin- Chemical Engineering
- University of Jos- Mining & Geology
- University of Maiduguri – Geology
- Ahmadu Bello University – Chemical Eng
- Usman Dan Fodio University – Industrial Chemistry
- University of Uyo – Chemical & Petroleum Eng
- Bayero University Kano – Electrical Eng
How to Apply
- Application Forms can be accessed online at www.ptdf.cinfores.com using an ATM (Interswitch, Master Card & Visa card) or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a non-refundable sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only).
- Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards
Deadline: 31 October 2015