Bielefeld Graduate School in History and Sociology BGHS, Germany,invites applications for the Visiting fellowship programme which enables doctoral researchers from other countries to work at the Graduate School for four months to promote international scientific and cultural exchange. All international doctoral researchers may apply who are matriculated in a doctoral programme abroad and whose dissertation has a historical, sociological, and social-anthropological or political science focus. The grant consists of a EUR 1,200 stipend per month. This amount will be supplemented by a child allowance if applicable. The application deadline is 15 January 2016.
Worth of Award
- The grant consists of a EUR 1,200 stipend per month. This amount will be supplemented by a child allowance if applicable. Upon application, travel costs can also be covered by the Graduate School.
- Fellows receive a computer work station for the duration of their stipend.
- Visiting fellows have the opportunity to use their stay at the BGHS to work intensively on their dissertation, visit degree programme courses and build contacts to our scientific community.
Duration of award(s): The duration of fellowship is four months for summer term 2016 i.e. (1 April to 31 July 2016).
- All international doctoral researchers may apply who are matriculated in a doctoral programme abroad and whose dissertation has a historical, sociological, social-anthropological or political science focus. German nationals may also apply if their tertiary education has been at foreign universities. The visiting fellowships further networking with scientists at the BGHS, therefore no prolonged archival or research trips should take place within this period.
- The candidates present their project to the BGHS community at the beginning of their stay and submit a final report by the end of their funding period.
- To ensure that your project fits with the BGHS profile, you should take a close look at the areas of research covered by the graduate school. Your project should be relatable to those areas.
How to Apply
Applications for summer term 2016 (1 April to 31 July 2016) should be submitted via the online application portal no later than 15 January 2016.
-Please submit the following documents:
-Curriculum Vitae (1,000 words max.)
-Covering letter (600 words max.)
-Project description (2,000 words max.)
-Work schedule and timeframe for your stay at the BGHS
-Letter of recommendation from your supervisor/advisor at your university
(If preferred, your supervisor/advisor can send the letter directly to the BGHS: application-bghs-at-uni-bielefeld.de
-University and college transcripts (Master’s certificate).
Deadline: The application deadline is 15 January 2016.
Notification: Candidates are informed about the results of the application process in the beginning of February.
Click here for more details and to apply online