BioToP invites applicatio PhD scholarship in Protein Biotechnology at BOKU – University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna. This scholarship is open for highly qualified applicants from all over the world to apply for the PhD Programme “Biomolecular Technology of Proteins (BioToP)”. Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree equivalent to a master which would qualify them to start a PhD thesis in their home country. Students will receive funding according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund. The salary is guaranteed for the proposed 3-year duration of the thesis work.
BioTop international Phd ScholarshipBioToP offers an inter- and multi-disciplinary research-based doctoral education at the interface of basic and applied science in the field of protein biotechnology. BioToP provides comprehensive and thorough up-to-date research training in the fields of structure-function analysis, engineering and design of proteins, protein synthesis, targeting and post-translational modifications expression systems and cell factories bioinformatics and molecular modeling.
Worth of Award
- PhD students admitted to the BioToP PhD programme will have a regular employment with full social security coverage.
- Students will receive funding according to the salary scheme of the Austrian Science Fund (net annual income after deduction of tax and social insurance approx. € 19.800,–).
- Furthermore students will receive financial support for participations at International Conferences and for research stays abroad in collaborating international institutions.
- The salary is guaranteed for the proposed 3-year duration of the thesis work.
Eligible Study Subjects
BioToP provides comprehensive and thorough up-to-date research training in the fields of structure-function analysis, engineering and design of proteins, protein synthesis, targeting and post-translational modifications, expression systems and cell factories and bioinformatics and molecular modeling.
-Applicants must hold a undergraduate degree equivalent to a master (corresponding to 300 ECTS) which would qualify them to start a PhD thesis in their home country. Candidates who have not yet obtained their degree will be accepted if they will finish their studies latest by the end of December 2015.
-Applicants with only a bachelor degree (B.S.) or similar are not eligible.
-There is no strict age limit, however applicants should not be older than 30 years by the time applying for BioToP. In case there are special circumstances to be considered, please specify them.
-PhD students applying for a wet-lab research project must have a master degree in biological sciences, biotechnology, chemistry, medicine or closely related subjects. The corresponding curriculum and the diploma or master thesis have to include experimental investigations in one of these fields.
-PhD students applying for a dry-lab research project must have a master degree in a technical or scientific discipline. The corresponding curriculum and the diploma or master thesis have to bear evidence of modelling or data analysis work.
-Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
-Students who have started their PhD thesis in one of the participating laboratories more than 6 months before the call for applications are not entitled to apply for BioToP positions or join BioToP as external students.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Application Form and send it together with all enclosures by email to biotop(at)boku.ac.at.
- -Enclosures: copy of your diploma or masters certificate (if already available); copy of your certificates obtained for coursework including grades (transcript of records) and copy of your passport
- Please note: Documents in languages other than German or English must be submitted as English translations. Letters of recommendation are requested from two scientists. Your referees must hold an institutional Email address.
- Applicants must forward the Evaluation Form to the referees and ask them to send the completed form directly to the BioToP PhD Programme office by email (biotop(at)boku.ac.at). Please note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the referees send the form within the application deadline.
The deadline for receipt of completed Application and Evaluation Forms including all enclosures is 31 October, 2015. Notification: The short-listed candidates will receive invitations to visit our laboratories at the BOKU VIBT in Vienna for interviews and information exchange in the first week of December 2015. Justifiable travel expenses will be reimbursed and free accommodation will be provided. Offers of admission will be made to the successful candidates at the end of the interview period.
Click here for more details and to apply