Getty Graduate Internships opens for applications for international students. The internships are at the Getty Center in Los Angeles or the Getty Villa in Malibu. Getty Graduate Internships are offered in the four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust—the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Getty Research Institute, the Getty Conservation Institute, and the Getty Foundation, as well as in Getty Publications. All positions are full-time beginning in September 12, 2016. Most internships are for eight months, ending May 19, 2017. Conservation internships are twelve months, ending September 8, 2017. The application deadline is December 1, 2015.
Getty Graduate Internships are offered in the four programs of the J. Paul Getty Trust—the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Getty Research Institute, the Getty Conservation Institute, and the Getty Foundation, as well as in Getty Publications—to students who intend to pursue careers in fields related to the visual arts. Training and work experience placements are available in areas such as curatorial, education, conservation, research, publications, information management, public programs, and grantmaking.
Internships are located at the Getty Center in Los Angeles or the Getty Villa in Malibu. All positions are full-time beginning September 12, 2016. Most internships are for eight months, ending May 19, 2017. Conservation internships are twelve months, ending September 8, 2017.
Worth of Award
- Grant amounts are $17,400 for eight months and $26,000 for twelve months.
- Support for research travel is available for up to $2,500. Graduate Interns are eligible to enroll in the Getty’s health care plan.
- The grant includes $1,000 towards relocation expenses but housing is not provided. Please note that grant funds may be subject to federal and state taxes and deductions.
Eligible Field of Internship
Getty Graduate Internships are offered in the areas of the participating host departments:
- The J. Paul Getty Museum: Collections, Conservation, Curatorial, Design, Education, Exhibitions, Public Programs.
- The Getty Research Institute (GRI): Collecting and Provenancem, Collections Management, Curatorial, Director’s Office/Research Projects and Programs, Publications, Web and New Media Development/Digital Art History.
- The Getty Conservation Institute (GCI): Buildings and Sites, Collections, Science.
- The Getty Foundation: Philanthropy; Getty Publications: Digital and Print Publications.
Internships are open to students of all nationalities. Applicants must be:
-Students currently enrolled in a graduate program leading to an advanced degree in a field relevant to the internship(s) for which they are applying, or
-Individuals who have completed a relevant graduate degree on or after January 1, 2013, with postgraduate activities in their field, paid or unpaid.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to complete and submit the online Graduate Internship application form (which includes uploading a supplemental application form; Personal Statement; Curriculum Vitae; Transcript(s); and Letters of Recommendation).
Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2015. Due to the large volume of applications received, staff is unable to respond to application-related questions once the deadline has passed. Finalists will be contacted for phone or in-person interviews in March 2016. All applicants will be notified of the Getty Foundation’s decision in April.
Click here for more details and to apply