UN Women Nordic Liaison Office invites applications for the Internship programme in Copenhagen. Interns are to be currently enrolled in a university or graduate school and have attended courses in the past 12 months and completed at least two years of undergraduate study. UN Women also coordinates and promotes the UN system’s work in advancing gender equality. The internship will start in February 2016 and end at the end of July 2016.
- The internship will start in February 2016 and end at the end of July 2016. Under the supervision of the director of the UN Women’s Nordic Office, your main duties are:
- Monitor national media in Nordic countries on issues related to the work and mandate of UN Women and report weekly on relevant media coverage;
- Carry out national political surveillance on issues related to the work and mandate of UN Women and report on relevant developments in government policies in the respective countries, especially related to international development and gender equality;
- Monitor trends and issues which impact gender equality and women’s empowerment and assist in identify opportunities for UN Women; Nordic Liaison Office | UN City | Marmorvej 51, 2100 Copenhagen Ø, DK | Tel: (+45) 45 33 51 60
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of high-level visits of UN Women officials to the region;
- Support UN Women’s preparatory work for the Women Deliver Conference to be held in Copenhagen in May 2016;
- Support outreach activities with private sector and foundations;
- Translate and distribute corporate updates, statements and press-releases through national media outlets and write executive summaries on relevant documents and reports;
- Cooperate and provide input on various campaigns and outreach activities such as Nordic engagement in the HeForShe campaign and the Global Goals on Sustainable Development;
- Participating in, and providing input to, joint advocacy and communication activities with UN sister organizations;
- Host visits and present UN Women to students and other visitors;
- Handle inquiries from students and the general public;
- Any other duties as required.
Worth of Award
The internship is full time. Interns must have full insurance coverage during the entire internship and provide evidence of this.
Eligible Field of Internship
Gender equality and the empowerment of women. Intern’s works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programs and services needed to implement these standards.
Completed at least two years of undergraduate study
– Be currently enrolled in a university or graduate school and have attended courses in the past 12 months
– A strong command of written and spoken English
– Preferably excellent written communication skills in a Nordic language.
How to Apply
- Send your application in English consisting of a CV and a cover letter (preferably in one document) to Ms. Hedda Skandsen (hedda.skandsen-at-unwomen.org)
- Please mark the subject of your e-mail and application: Internship Spring 2016_Your Name_Your Country Interviews are scheduled to take place in November. Please note that we are unfortunately not able to respond to each applicant individually.
Deadline: Internship application deadline is October 19th 2015