United Nations Population Fund Internship Programme invites applications for the UNFPA Internships to be taken at UNFPA Headquarters in New York. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this internship. Candidates for the internship programme are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. UNFPA also encourage women to apply to all vacancies. The selection process normally lasts between 2 to 6 months
Internship Description: The UNFPA Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work. Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
Worth of Award
- Interns do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements.
- In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
Candidates for the internship programme are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. The following qualifications are required for consideration:
-Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have recently graduated;
-Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply:
- The mode application is online.
- Candidates who participate in the evaluation process (testing or interview) will be notified by UNFPA about whether or not they are finally selected for a position. Only candidates who are short-listed will subsequently be contacted (normally 4 to 6 weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement).
Deadline: Contact Employer