The Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation in Japan invites applications for the Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships for International Students in 2020.
The Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Scholarship Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the “Yoneyama Foundation”) supports international students in achieving high academic achievements, and also at the same time teaches the spirit of Rotary through exchanges with counselors and sewa clubs.
Lastly, The purpose of this is to deepen mutual international understanding and develop bonds to grow into a bridge between the student’s mother country and Japan. The scholarship qualifications, therefore, require enthusiasm and excellence in academic work, cross-cultural understanding, and communication skills.
Worth of Award
- Undergraduates – 100,000 yen per month
- Master’s students – 140,000 yen per month
- Doctoral students – 140,000 yen per month
Overseas students who meet all the following requirements are eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- Citizenship & Place of Residence; Those who do not have Japanese citizenship (for dual nationality holders, Japanese nationality holders are not eligible.)
- Enrolling institution and Enrollment permission; Those who plan to enter or transfer into a university or graduate school recognized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan.
- Those who have an issued letter of acceptance/admission from an intended school,
- For undergraduate students who have yet not received a letter of acceptance/admission, a copy of the application must be submitted.
- Also, for graduate students who have yet not received a letter of acceptance/admission, a letter of recommendation from your supervisor, at your intended school must be submitted.
- Scholastic and Health Requirements
- Field of Study; All fields are eligible.
- Japanese Language Ability
How to Apply
- Application forms may be downloaded from the following website
- The application and supporting documents must be saved in a file under your name (English alphabet) and sent to the below email- address.
- The file may be in either Word or PDF form.
Deadline: Application closes December 15, 2019 PM 1:00 JST