The 2018/2019 Chevening Scholarship is now open for applications from international students to study at a top UK university. The scholarships are awarded to individuals with strong academic backgrounds who also have demonstrable leadership potential.
Worth of Award
Most Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, including tuition and living expenses.
The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni.
There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships on offer globally for the 2017/2018 academic cycle.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country (visit link below to check your country’s status).
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience
- Chevening Fellowships – either five or seven years’ work experience depending on the fellowship. Please check your country page for eligibility details relating to the specific fellowship you are applying to.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong)
- Are an employee, a relative of an employee, or a former employee (since July 2013) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions, the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, UK Trade and Investment, the Ministry of Defence and the Home Office), the British Council, a partner, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship. Chevening Alumni are not eligible to apply for a further scholarship but may be eligible to apply for a fellowship five years after completion of the first award.
How to Apply
- Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country page accessible through the link below.
- Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have all necessary documents ready.
- Please note that if you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 12 July 2018 in order to remain in the process.
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK Master’s course choices (applied for or plan to apply for)
Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
- English language (if required)
- UK Master’s university offer (if available)
Deadline: November 7, 2017. They advise you apply well in advance of the deadline because it always gets busy closer to the deadline. Candidates selected for interviews will be interviews in January/February 2018.