The University of Melbourne invites applications for the 2015 scholarships for international students.
Generous scholarships are available to support your full-time study for an MBA at Melbourne Business School (MBS). All full-time MBA students are automatically considered for scholarship support – when you are accepted into the MBA program, we will let you know of any scholarship support and if additional documentation is required.
Dean’s International Management Scholarship
This scholarship recognises the high calibre of international students commencing in our full-time MBA program each year. Awarded on merit, the scholarship recognises candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, high level management qualities, and who have experience in international business.
Worth of Award
- Value: up to $81,400 (towards tuition)
- Open to: International full-time MBA candidates
- Application: Qualifying candidates will be sent application details via email. Those interested will be asked to submit a written application, and shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview with the Dean or his proxy.
Rupert Murdoch Fellowship
Rupert Murdoch Fellowships recognise achievements, initiative and commitment in areas beyond career or academic record and are awarded to candidates who have an interest in international business and have demonstrated a capacity to motivate and lead others. Murdoch Fellows must study on a full-time basis and complete a term of their MBA studies at a prestigious overseas business school.
- Funded by: News Ltd
- Award: $81,400 (full tuition) + $17,000 (living stipend)
- Open to: Australian citizen and permanent resident full-time MBA candidates
- Application: Qualifying candidates will be sent application details via email. Those interested will be asked to submit a written application, and shortlisted candidates will be asked to participate in up to two interviews.
Asian Development bank – Japan scholarship program
This scholarship provides the opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue a full-time MBA with financial assistance from the Government of Japan.
- Award: Full tuition fees, fortnightly living allowance, airfares, materials allowance and overseas student health cover.
- Open to: Students aged 35 years or under, living and working in their home country. Students agree to return to his/her home country after the completion of studies under the MBA program.
- They must be a citizen of one of the following ADB’s member countries:
- Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cook Islands, People’s Republic of China, Georgia, India, Indonesia,
- Fiji, Hong Kong, China, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taipei, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
- Application: Candidates must submit a completed application to Melbourne Business School by 31 August 2015, to be considered for this scholarship for the August 2016 intake. All candidates who are offered a place and fulfil the criteria are automatically considered.
American Australian Association – USA to Australia Fellowship Awards
Each year, the American Australian Association awards individual Fellowships of up to US$40,000 for advanced study in Australia. Applicants must be at graduate level and be devoted to full-time study for one year. Applicants must submit a budget.
- Award: US$40,000 to support costs of one year of study in Australia.
- Open to: All US citizens or US permanent residents.
- Application: Candidates apply directly to the American Australian Association to be considered for this fellowship. As part of the application requirements for this Fellowship, candidates are required to submit a copy of their Offer of Admission. To receive this in time, candidates must submit a completed application to Melbourne Business School by 31 August 2015.
The Founders Scholarship
The Founders Scholarship pays tribute to the ‘5 Johns’ who are the founding fathers of Melbourne Business School as we know it today. It is awarded to a candidate who has demonstrated innovative leadership and a positive impact in their community.
- Funded by: Melbourne Business School & MBS Alumni Community
- Award: $50,000 (towards tuition)
- Open to: Full-time MBA candidates
- Application: All successful full-time MBA candidates are automatically considered for this award and shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
How to Apply
Competition for scholarship support is intense – you should not apply for the full-time MBA program unless you are able to be entirely self-funding.
Click here for more details and apply