Applications are invited from international students for fully-funded scholarships to undertake a master’s by research or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at The University of Western Australia in the 2014-2015 academic session. These scholarships include International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) and Scholarships for International Research Fees (SIRFs) and cover .
These schemes seek to attract top quality international postgraduate students to areas in which the University has specialized research strengths and to support Australia’s research effort.
Successful applicants can expect to become members of a research team, working under the direction of senior researchers and in an area which has attracted external resources.
All travel and relocation costs are the responsibility of the applicant.
Worth of Awards
- The International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) cover international tuition fees for up to four (4) years, as well as Overseas Student Health Cover. Successful applicants will also be awarded a full living allowance scholarship.
- Scholarships for International Research Fees (SIRFs) cover International Tuition Fees for up to four (4) years, as well as Overseas Health Cover for the award holder only. SIRF scholarships do not cover the cost of health insurance premiums for dependents of the award holder. SIRF awardees may also be awarded a full living allowance scholarship.
The IPRS and SIRF Scholarships are only available to applicants who:
- have completed a four year undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or equivalent
- may be disadvantaged if the Scholarships Committee cannot make a comparison with The University of Western Australia’s standards, particularly in relation to the class of honours achieved, that is first or second class honours
- intend to enrol as a full-time candidate for a master’s degree by research or a PhD degree
- will be commencing their course in the semester following the scholarship round in which they have successfully applied.
- There is no age restriction and there are no scholarship application fees.
- IPRS applicants are automatically considered for the award of a SIRF scholarship.
- University Postgraduate Award International Student (UPAIS) or University International Stipend (UIS) living allowances are awarded automatically to successful IPRS and SIRF applicants.
- UPAIS or UIS are an integral part of the IPRS and SIRF scholarship package and cannot be applied for exclusively.
- Master’s by research or Phd study place or candidature application is included in a scholarship application.
- Applicants must advise the Graduate Research and Scholarships Office of full-fee place applications to the UWA International Centre.
- Applications for international postgraduate research scholarships at UWA are rated according to the following criteria: (a) Academic achievement; (b) English language achievement; (c) Research training achievement; and (d) Proposed research environment
- Allocation of scholarships is the outcome of a competitive ranking and selection process in which applications are scored and ranked by Schools, Faculties and the University Scholarships Committee, according to these common criteria and on the basis of evidence provided.
How to Apply: Applications are submitted via the online application system. Use the link below to create an online account and complete the form according to instruction on the website.
Deadline: August 31, 2013. Applications open July 1, 2013.
For more information, and to apply, click here.
Click here to start your application online.