DAAD invites applications for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters scholarship in Public Policy and Good Governance in Germany for International Students for the 2022/23 academic session.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries. These are leaders who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. It offers a Master’s degree in programmes particularly relevant to the social, political and economic development of the students’ home countries.
Worth of Award
- The DAAD pays a monthly instalment of 931 EUR. Special conditions apply for an online semester of the master’s course “Analysis and design of social protection systems” with a sur-place-rate of 500 EUR.
- The DAAD also pays an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy of 460 EUR each year as well as a rent subsidy and/or allowance for spouses and/or children when applicable.
- Health insurance, accident and liability insurance in Germany are also covered by the scholarship.
- If you live in a developing country, you can apply.
- Highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree being educated in political science, law, economics and administration are equally eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have resided in one of the developing and emerging countries for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline are not eligible.
- Likewise, if you live in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of the application deadline, you are not entitled to apply for a scholarship in the Programme.
How to Apply
Here are the necessary documents you need to have:
- Checklist form, signed and indicating place and date
- DAAD application form “Application for Research Grant and Study Scholarships” (please
complete the form electronically)
- A single letter of motivation for both master’s courses including a precise account of your academic, professional, and personal reasons for wishing to participate in the programme, as well as a detailed explanation of your choice of master’s courses of study and prioritization. The letter may be up to two pages long.
- A chronological gap-free curriculum vitae (please use the europass template) with exact
information on your studies and practical experience
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates (certified translation if necessary,
including an explanation of the grading system). Please make sure that these are clearly
- Copy of your transcript of records incl. grading system (certified translation if necessary).
- Confirmations on professional experience as well as indicated internships and / or proof of voluntary activities must be enclosed, bearing a letterhead, date, signature, and stamp
- Recent language certificates (for English and / or German)
- A letter of reference of current date issued by the employer or by a university lecturer, if
currently still studying, bearing a letterhead, signature, and stamp
Deadline: The application period for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship is from June 1 until July 31 each year.