DAAD invites applications for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters scholarship in Public Policy and Good Governance in Germany for International Students for the 2021/22 academic session.
This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics, and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a praxis-oriented course for their professional life. The programme offers very good graduates with a first university degree the chance to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political, and economic development of their home country. With this programme, DAAD intends to contribute to the support of Good Governance and civil society structures in selected partner countries and regions.
Worth of Award
- Scholarships (of currently € 861 per month) for master´s degree courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance cover in Germany.
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the developing countries in question and Germany.
- A study and research grant.
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable.
- Highly qualified graduates from developing and emerging countries who have obtained their first higher education degree in the subject areas of political and social studies, economics and business administration, legal and administrative sciences.
How to Apply
The required application documents for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Masters Scholarship are:
- DAAD application form ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ (please complete the form electronically and sign it by hand).
- A single letter of motivation for both higher education institutions including a precise account of your academic, professional, and personal reasons for wishing to participate in the programme, as well as a detailed explanation of your choice of courses of study
and prioritization. The letter may be up to two pages long and must bear the current date and your signature.
- A gap-free curriculum vitae (if possible, please use the Europass template available at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with exact information about your studies, political/social involvement, and any work experience, as well as the current date and your signature.
- Copies of your higher education degree certificates (certified translation if necessary, including an explanation of the grading system), please make sure these are clearly legible.
- Copy of your transcript of records including the grading system, certified
translation if necessary.
- Working time certificates for any listed internships, volunteer work, and work experience must be included. These must be signed and bear the date, letterhead, and stamp.
- Recent language certificates (for German and/or English).
- A recently written letter of reference, preferably from your current
employer or from a university lecturer, bearing a signature, letterhead, and stamp (not in a sealed envelope).
Deadline: The application period for all eight higher education institutions is from June 1 until July 31, 2021.