The Scripps Howard Foundation Semester in Washington internship program brings two international students per year to Washington, D.C., to work at the Scripps Howard News Service for a semester. The internship is designed to give international students an opportunity to cover events in the U.S. capital, as well as to report and write feature stories for the Scripps Howard Foundation Wire. Stories written by Scripps Howard interns may be published in newspapers across the United States.
Worth of Award
- ICFJ will pay for round-trip economy air fare to and from the United States; housing; a per day meal/living/transportation allowance; and health insurance for the duration of the program.
- Selected participant assumes responsibility for all incidental expenses.
- The program cannot cover salary or pay honoraria.
- The internship is open to undergraduate journalism or communications students who intend to pursue careers in journalism after graduation.
- Interns must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Interns who are selected in the program will work in one of two periods: January to April or September to December.
The internship is sponsored by the Scripps Howard Foundation, which strives to advance the cause of a free press through support of excellence in journalism, quality journalism education and professional development. International participants in the program are recruited and selected by the International Center for Journalists, which provides training and other assistance to journalists across the globe.
Deadline: The deadline to apply for the Fall 2015 internship is Monday, May 25, 2015.
Click here for more details and to apply